CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The cookies that almost were....

So Sunday afternoon I was rather ambitious thinking that I have been wanting chocolate chip cookies and since I keep craving them I should probably just make some instead of wasting my money buying ok store bought cookies. However, I made one batch of cookies and then had to abandon the dough to the fridge in order to make dinner. (I had a toddler whining at my heels, well rather my thighs but who's measuring)
After precisely wrapping the bowl and placing it on the top shelf of the fridge I went on my merry way through the rest of my evening. However, once the sun went down and my sweet tooth awoke and roared it's ugly head. I found myself headed to the drawer grabbing a spoon and eating the cookie dough straight from the bowl. Now normally my rational for this is that cookie dough is so rich that I will usually only it one spoon full; which is equivelent to one cookie. So somehow I have envisioned that this is an acceptable way to eat cookies, because for sure I can't eat just ONE baked cookie. I inevitably end up eating two or three. So this has to be a more logically conservative way to consume my cookie calories. Now this thoery would work if I stuck to one spoonful. However for the last three nights I have found myself not just having one spoonful but perhaps two or three. And let me just clarify this theory would also work if i kept to a normal sized spoonful. But no, these are heaping piles of dough that spill off the sides, and in no way would this actually constitute as a single cookie under most common peoples standards. Someone needs to check me into the Betty Crocker clinic ASAP. I am fully aware I have a problem; and isn't admitting half the battle. I am truely on the path to recovery. Now what are the other nine steps? If anyone can help I would greatly welcome the suggestions. Until next time... If are curious my keyboard has a little chocolate on the keys right now. :) Just joking

0 comments: